9/02/2026

New song out now! Oðinns Söngvi

 

New song out now, Happy Wodensday (Oðinns day)!
 
Listen on Newgrounds
 
Last year I recorded/released my Song to Frigg in honor of Mothers Day, now as a companion piece for Fathers Day, here's Odin's song, Oðinns Söngvi. A misty mountain improv, this is one of those songs that just came to me in the moment. I don't remember if I was thinking of Song to Frigg and creating a masculine companion, but I just titled it Odin Riff after recording. I also hear a bit of a bounce similar to Tail Thyme, and I love that riff at the end that I think came from practicing Indian chromatic scales. 
 
The artwork came to me after drawing a similar picture of Japanese sun goddess Amaterasu (which will pair with a future song), and I was also thinking of both my Oðinn painting that I was working on at the time (you can see my paintings on my blog), and picturing runes as sort of like chakras. The swastika sun symbol for solar plexus, Oðal for heart, Ansuz for throat, and Daguz for third eye/source. 

No comments:

Post a Comment