Listen here:
Moomin Minded is my second foray into adding drums to my harmonic rock sound, and also continuing with the Moomin theme of the previous song with my drum machine, Rhino on the Piano. This is a song of two parts, the first came to me last year in the moment, just being present. The second part came later in a similar way, and after listening back I realized it was like a faster continuation of the riff I had before, so I put them together into one and worked on a drum beat for it.
The title Moomin Minded comes from one of Tove Jansson's Moomin comic strips (above), Club Life in Moominvalley. After trying to be a part of several different clubs, Moominmamma starts her own Moomin club, where every club comes together (except one short guy says he won't be Moomin Minded) and at the end even Stinky says "You are at least living every moment of the day", which I took that as being Moomin Minded is being present with yourself and others and wanting connection instead of division. That's what I titled the first riff recording in reference to how the riff came in the moment and how I felt in that creative flow state of being present.


No comments:
Post a Comment